BIO Start-Up Stadium application deadline is April 7th
As the world’s largest biotechnology event, the BIO International Convention provides several specialized opportunities geared towards start-up and emerging companies. The Start-Up Stadium was designed to provide start-up companies with the opportunity to engage key members of the investment community, venture philanthropy groups, and BIO attendees.
This area in the BIO Exhibition provides an exciting and interactive experience where investors provide live feedback and judge 5-7 minute pitches presented by start-up biotech companies
By participating in Start-up Stadium, you will benefit from exposure to investors, discounted registration fees, and complimentary access to BIO One-on-One PartneringTM.
How to Participate & Steps for Submission
- Review the criteria and submit an application at convention.bio.org/startup
- Application period: March 20 – April 7
- Finalists will be notified by April 21
- Once accepted, all you pay is the $699 (savings of $2,300+) fee per start-up that includes access to BIO One-on-One Partnering, registration, and your pitch session to investors. ($3,000+ value!)
What Kind of Exposure Will You Receive?
The goal of Start-up Stadium is to increase start-ups’ engagement and visibility with investors, state and regional affiliates, and early-stage companies at the beginning of their life-cycle.
During BIO 2017, investor judges will attend live start-up presentations and engage in Q&A/feedback with start- up finalists. Finalists will participate in one of five sessions in 2-3 days in San Diego among 40 companies (Pitch ->Feedback->Turnaround).
After the BIO International Convention, BIO will collect feedback from start-ups and judges, and analyze the increased engagement between investors and early-stage communities. In late July, BIO will follow up with finalists for product and investment status and share our finalists’ success!
Who Can Participate in Start-Up Stadium:
Companies that have…
- Raised less than $10M since inception
- Previous business pitch or competition experience
- Fewer than 20 full-time employees
- No previous experience in BIOPartnering
Submit today to be featured in an innovative space to drive start-ups and investors to engage and explore potential opportunities for cutting-edge achievements.